READY TO FIGHT
We’ve upped the game with the CRF450R. That’s what it takes
to win MXGP World Championships. Its lightweight aluminium
frame and swingarm feature factory-rider specification rigidity
balance, with steering geometry that carves corners. Naturally
we haven’t stopped there. To soak up hits the Showa 49mm USD
coil spring now delivers firmer compression and rebound damping.
Likewise the rear shock has more compression damping. The
improved front and rear suspension now deliver the perfect balance
and control at any speed.
And drive is what the CRF450R is all about. The sort that owns the top step
of the podium. Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) offers 3 modes of
power management for ultimate rear wheel traction. HRC Launch Control
owns the first 100 metres while the Engine Mode Select Button (EMSB) tailors
output to conditions.
Minimal bodywork is both aggressive and practical – it’s easy to move around
and remove for maintenance. It’s one small part of what makes the CRF450R the
complete MX package. And it’s where the HRC machine, that does a great deal of
winning, starts from.
The CRF450R redefines incredible.
- Engine Type – Liquid-cooled 4-stroke single cylinder Unicam®
- Engine Displacement (cm3) – 449.7
- Compression Ratio – 13.5 : 1
- Bore x Stroke (mm) – 96.0 x 62.1
- Starter – Electric
- Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm) – 2,182 x 827 x 1,267
- Frame type – Aluminium twin tube
- Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres) – 6.3
- Ground Clearance (mm) – 336
- Kerb Weight (kg) – 110.6
- Seat Height (mm) – 965
- Brakes Front – Single 260 mm disk
- Brakes Rear – Single 240 mm disk
- Suspension Front – Showa 49 mm USD fork
- Suspension Rear – Showa monoshock using Honda Pro-Link®
- Tyres Front – 80/100-21 51M Dunlop MX33F
- Tyres Rear – 120/80-19 63M Dunlop MX33